Covid-19 Makeup Risk Assessment
Things have changed considerably in the last 4 months. Although Health & Hygiene has been paramount to me and others in the beauty industry, new additional steps need to be taken. I have to ensure mine and my client’s wellbeing is protected whilst still creating a special experience for my bridal clients and makeup students. Close contact services have had to evolve. As a result, it will continue to improve with the extra safety measures in place.
Here are the measures I will make to manage risk in my business:
- Ensure both myself and clients who feel unwell stay at home and the appointment can be rescheduled.
- Check clients temperature on arrival.
- Clearly, when providing close contact services, it often may not be possible to maintain social distancing guidelines. As a result, personal protective equipment (PPE) in the form of a visor will be required to mitigate the risk.
- I will be wearing the required PPE which will consist of mask, visor, gloves. My hair will be tied back.
- Hands will be washed before and after each client. Hand sanitiser will be available.
- Client will be advised to wash their hands on arrival.
- 1 and 2 meter distancing will be followed where possible.
- All bridal consultations and makeup courses will be taking place in my beauty room.
- My premises will be fully sterilised prior to clients arrival.
- Each client will have a separate brush set used on them and disposable brushes/sponges where necessary.
- All cosmetics and tools will be fully cleaned and sanitised prior to clients arrival and normal measures taken to avoid any cross-contamination.
- All clients will be directed to this page on booking and will have a consultation sheet to complete at the beginning of their appointment.
- While working on location I will apply the above sanitising methods to my workspace/personal hygiene/PPE. Only one person (the client) at one time will be allowed in my working space. Additional time will be required after each client to sanitise the work area and prepare for the next client.
- To further my knowledge I have completed and passed the ISOCLEAN COSMETIC HYGIENE STANDARDS COURSE FOR MAKEUP PROFESSIONALS. (Course to be available soon!)
THE ISOCLEAN COURSE:
This course will equip makeup artists and beauty therapists with a thorough insight into the implications of unsanitary cosmetic practices